Just one tiny secret has the potential to ruin everything.
Being the daughter of the sheriff in a small town like Holden Ridge means that eighteen-year-old Danielle “Dani” Marks’ life is under constant surveillance. She’s made a habit of staying under the radar by being a floater among social circles at school, which has kept her out of trouble—until now.
After a missing persons case stirs up the entire town, Dani finds herself caught right in the middle of the scandal. When she’s labeled a possible suspect, things quickly go from bad to worse. The sudden return of her old flame, Parker Reed, manages to make her whole situation even more complicated.
When an elusive unknown person begins to blackmail Dani by threatening to reveal her deepest secrets, Dani refuses to play along. That is, until the person’s actions take a violent turn. Holden Ridge loses its sense of quaint town security, and Dani is caught in a deadly game of cat and mouse.
Who can she trust when anyone around her could be a suspect?
One thing’s for certain though: Never underestimate the power of one tiny secret.
This one is F.U.N. Okay now wait until you hear what this one is about. You’re going to think I’m a sick f%$@ to refer to a slasher thriller as fun, but it is. I’m not the first to notice that this book feels like the movies, Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer. So if you enjoyed those movies, where no character is safe, and the cemetery will be full by the end of the movie/book, then this is your next read. That sounded macabre, but I love to keep guessing and screaming, “NO! You can’t off that person!” No one is safe in this book and I was on the edge of my seat. You just know when that person shouldn’t peer into their dark closet investigating that mysterious sound. BUT IT’S JUST TOO MUCH FUN. I’m sick, right??
One Tiny Secret feels like a Young Adult genre book at the beginning, because the characters are in high school, but that’s where it ends. This book moves quickly into the New Adult category with its subject matter that is listed in the warning. The high school kids are having secret parties, hanging out in bars, and having sex with college students. This isn’t a negative. It was good, and added a little edge to the story. I liked it and it worked for me. Compared to what I usually read, this was a very tame book. This is the first book that I have read from Adam Kunz. I really like how he developed the story and characters’ relationships. I would highly recommend that you check this one out if you are looking for a fun and scary read.
So, say you just finished reading One Tiny Secret (or haven’t started yet and are just curious) and you then find yourself asking, what else don’t we know about Dani Marks? If this is the case, then you’re in luck, because here are 10 things that you might not know about her:
1) Dani absolutely LOVES peanut butter cookies.
2) Her favorite color is purple.
3) Her father made her get on a roller coaster with him when she was young, and it was such a traumatic experience that it caused Dani to loathe them entirely.
4) She totally ADORES the Harry Potter books and movies.
5) Dani’s guilty pleasure television show is Pretty Little Liars.
6) If she were stranded on an island, the one thing she’d want with her would be Parker Reed.
7) Her favorite station on Pandora radio would most definitely have to be the Thriller (by Michael Jackson) station.
8) If she wasn’t already planning to go to college for journalism, she’d pursue a career in graphic design.
9) Dani’s birthday is on July 21st.
10) Annnd last, but not least, she received her first C ever in school in biology because she refused to participate in any of the animal dissections.
Well, I hope you’ve enjoyed learning a little bit more about Dani. I’m sure she won’t mind me telling you all these things especially since her story is already out there for the public to read. At least the stuff I just mentioned is nowhere near as private or invasive as some of the things are that were revealed in One Tiny Secret.